Monday, March 7, 2011

Children's Fun Storytime Podcast

I found a really fun podcast to use with students during literacy station time. This podcast has different fairy tales such Hansel and Gretel for students to listen to. I plan to use these in a retelling station. The children can listen to a story and then retell it by illustrating or writing the beginning, middle and ending of the story.

I really like that they are familiar stories. However, they are kind of long... they range from 4 minutes to 20 minutes. This may be kind of lengthy for students to remember events in the story. On the other hand, this may give me a great way to differentiate to meet needs of all students. I think once I show students where they can see how long a podcast is and also show them how to pause it while listening, retelling may be more manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment